Navy Blue’s Noel Reid and Garry Ringrose teamed up at inside and outside centre for Leinster Rugby in their 22-7 win over Ulster Rugby on New Year’s Eve in the Guinness PRO12. A consistent 80 minutes from the pair helped their side to a comfortable win. Isa Nacewa, Leinster’s captain, scored one penalty and two conversions from the kicking tee in another strong performance from fullback. Prop Andrew Porter came on as a replacement after 56 minutes, but unfortunately had to leave the field of play for a Head Injury Assessment eight minutes later. With eight minutes to play, Tom Daly replaced Ross Byrne in a move that saw Noel Reid move to outhalf and Tom slot into inside centre. This win sees Leinster sit 3rd in the PRO12 standings.

Munster Rugby had four Navy Blue clients starting in their backline in their narrow 16-9 win over Connacht Rugby at the Sportsground. Andrew Conway began the game at fullback and was heavily involved throughout. Wing Ronan O’Mahony continued his run of games in the Munster side and again put in another strong performance. Ronan was up against Connacht’s Matt Healy on the opposing wing, who will be happy to get another full 80 minutes under his belt. Duncan Williams also continued his run of good form with some sharp breaks and good distribution from scrumhalf. Young academy prospect Dan Goggin started the match at inside centre and will be pleased with his performance over 80 minutes in what was a highly competitive game in tough conditions. Conor Oliver appeared from the bench into the back row and did well for the short time he was on the pitch. Some Munster injuries in the back row could lead to more game time for Conor over the coming weeks. Munster are top of the Guinness PRO12 and Connacht lie eighth.

The string of impressive performances from prop Marty Moore continued for Wasps as they overcame Newcastle Falcons 34-30 in a closely fought game in the Aviva Premiership. Wasps victory means they ended the year top of the table, edging out Saracens by one point.

James Coughlan, playing at no.8, scored a try from the back of a powerful scrum for Pau after 57 minutes of their great 32-27 win over Montpellier in the Top 14. This match also saw the return of scrumhalf Tomás O’Leary to the Montpellier side after an injury layoff. A good return from Tomás saw him start the game and play 54 minutes. Pau are ninth in the league standings after fifteen games, while Montpellier are third.

A 36-21 win over Bedford Blues saw London Irish’s winning streak extended to 17 games. Jerry Sexton, a second half replacement in the second row, scored his side’s final try in a bonus-point win as he squeezed over under a heap of bodies with a few moments remaining on the clock. London Irish stay top of the Greene King IPA Championship table, with a 12 point gap to second place.

London Scottish got back to winning ways with a comfortable 36-15 win over Rotherham titans on New Year’s Day. Peter Lydon kicked four conversions and one penalty for the Scots and flanker Danny Kenny put in a man of the match performance as his side racked up a good win. The Scots lie seventh in the Championship table.