Garry Ringrose played 80 minutes for Ireland at outside centre in their 9-22 loss to Wales in the penultimate round of the RBS 6 Nations. Prop John Ryan joined the physical encounter in the second half, however Ireland missed out on a chance to claim this year’s title. Ireland face England this coming Saturday in the final game of the championship.

Pau climbed to fourth in the Top 14 with a hard-fought win over Castres. Back rower James Coughlan came off the bench in the second half as his side closed out a good win. Dave Ryan was a second half replacement in the front row for Agen as they continued their good run of form in the PRO D2 with a 28-23 win over Dax. Agen still sit just one point behind leaders Oyannax, who they face in their next game.

Saracens lock Mark Flanagan played the bulk of his side’s 10-32 defeat to Leicester in the Anglo-Welsh Cup semi-finals. Our own Dave McIntyre was also on hand, commentating on this game and the other semi-final between Exeter Chiefs and Harlequins for BT Sport. Fiona Coghlan also commentated for RTE Sport on Ireland Women’s 12-7 victory over Wales.

Darren O’Shea found a gap in the oppositions defence and grabbed the opening try for Munster ‘A’ in their 26-3 quarter final British & Irish Cup win over Ulster ‘A’. Loosehead prop Peter McCabe played the majority of the match as did Brian Scott at tighthead in a powerful scrum. Conor Oliver started at openside for this interprovincial clash, and Dan Goggin played the full match on the right wing. Nick Timoney featured for Ulster ‘A’ at blindside flanker with some strong carries. Munster ‘A’ face Ealing Trailfinders in the semi-finals of the competition.

Willie Ryan was among the replacements as Ealing Tralifinders overcame Scarlets Premiership Select 84-7 in the quarter final of the British & Irish Cup.

London Irish secured a quarter final win in the British & Irish Cup with a 37-14 win over Yorkshire Carnegie. Jerry Sexton came off the bench in the second half for Irish as they won comfortably at the Madejski Stadium. Irish face Jersey Reds in the semi-final.

London Scottish lost out 21-24 to Cardiff Premiership Select in the quarter finals of the British & Irish Cup. Peter Lydon came off the bench to kick a conversion which levelled the match with one minute to play, however Cardiff snatched the win with a late penalty.