9 February 2018; Nick Timoney of Ulster in action during the Guinness PRO14 Round 14 match between Ulster and Southern Kings at Kingspan Stadium, in Belfast. Photo by Oliver McVeigh/Sportsfile

A raft of Navy Blue Sports clients saw action during another packed weekend of sporting action.

2016 Champions Connacht headed to the Ospreys on Friday evening, with Matt Healy starting on the wing for the Westerners. Craig Ronaldson came on as a temporary sub for Jack Carty with less than 20 minutes on the clock & promptly made his mark with a try & conversion. Sean O’Brien also started, but was replaced in the 23rd minute & did not return after failing a HIA.

Ronaldson came back off the bench in the second half for the final 25 minutes with Darragh Leader also getting a 15 minute run out. However, despite their best efforts, a clinical Ospreys were comprehensive winners with a 39-10 final score.

Over in Edinburgh, Nick Timoney started at 7 for Ulster & was part of a dominant back row performance by the Irish province. Ulster kept their hopes of Champions Cup rugby alive for next season by running up an impressive 32 points to Edinburgh’s 20.

Munster were playing their first South African match on Saturday against the Southern Kings in George & with a six try bonus point win, sealed their place in the Pro14 Finals series. Dan Goggin was temporarily substituted in the first half, but the rest seemed to do him good as he scored a superb try for the visitors in the second half.

Openside Conor Oliver had a commanding performance for nearly 60 minutes before being substituted & Brian Scott saw out the last 15 minutes of the 22-39 win.

Starting for Leinster as they welcomed Zebre to the RDS on Saturday, James Tracy put in a powerful performance before the whole starting front row were replaced on 55 minutes. Ross Molony also got his hands dirty for the final quarter of the game as Leinster dispatched Zebre 41-6 to confirm a home semi-final in the Pro14 Finals series.

In other Pro14 news, Joy Neville was assistant referee in the Dragons’ visit to Treviso. The Italian team’s impressive season continues as they took the win 29-27 with a last minute penalty i n a close & entertaining game.

Across the water in the Aviva Premiership, Ulster-bound Marty Moore came off the bench for Wasps in their narrow defeat to hosts Sale, 28-27. And in the Championship, Peter Lydon came on for Ealing Trailfinders in their loss to the Doncaster Knights, 50-19, which unfortunately ended their chances of promotion to the Aviva Premiership next season.

Jerry Sexton started for the Jersey Reds in their visit to Yorkshire Carnegie. Jerry impressed & scored a tremendous solo try after stealing a Yorkshire lineout & powering over the line. Unfortunately, Jersey could only come away with a losing bonus point, 26-21 the final score.

And London Scottish’s comprehensive 49-14 win over Rotherham Titans saw Danny Kenny captain the side.

In a very tight relegation battle in the Top14, Dave Ryan‘s Agen defeated Oyonnax 36-21, taking an important step to remaining in the top league.

Sinead Goldrick came on for Dublin on 22 minutes & immediately made an impact, scoring a goal just three minutes later in the capital’s 1-16 to 1-11 win over Kerry in the Lidl Ladies Gaelic Football League. And Sarah Rowe added to her growing tally of scores for Mayo this season with an incredible three goals & four points as they beat Monaghan 6-11 to 3-11.

Darragh Maloney anchored RTE’s mid-week coverage of the UEFA Champions League last week with Richie Sadlier bringing his experience & expertise to the studio’s pundit panel. Richie also covered education & respect in his Irish Times column last week (http://bit.ly/2IFj29A)